What Does Remote Learning Refer To?
If a child has hearing loss, it might feel tricky to follow the classes compared to regular classmates’ flow. Many types of helpful platforms like virtual Learning, Online Learning, distance learning, and many came into existence to evade these circumstances. It outlines the online learning process using video conferences, live chats, webinars, etc.
In simple, Remote Learning is the modified version of all virtual learning methods. It includes
in-person intercommunication between learners and mentors. Unlike traditional Learning, remote Learning helps children to study at their own pace, face to face exposition and opens up the limitations that have put.
Remote Learning During the Covid for Children with Hearing Loss
Always keep in touch with your audiologist and adjust the settings of hearing aids required, if any.
During the Covid pandemic, children with hearing loss went through a set of unique challenges while remote Learning, such as background noise or internet issues.
These are some recommendations to be followed by parents to avoid complications
- It is crucial to help your children and create a good workspace to learn
- Choose the close spot and prevent noise in the background
- Switch off the televisions, music, radios, and hold the pets aside from the child
- Avoid phone calls during sessions
- Set up notes or reminders for your kid to encourage with class work Teachers should follow these things to set the stage for better understanding.
- Alter the process of teaching and develop the child’s ability to acquire
- Choose a peaceful location.
- Students with hearing loss may find it difficult if you are not clear to them. So to advance their understanding, obtain sure that your appearance is visible.
- Give instructions and guidelines at the beginning of the class.
- Repeat if they were not clear about any content
- Turn on your video so that lipreading is helpful for children with hearing loss. Things children should follow
- Mute the microphone and unmute only when you are supposed to speak
- Raise the questions in the chat box to avoid noise
- Select a table rather than couch or bed for good concentration
- keep the mobiles phones away
- Do not move or change your place frequently
Remote Learning is comfortable and makes Learning easier than we think.