Signs Of Hearing Loss
When you are unable to hear in one or both of your ears, wholly or partially is said to be hearing loss. Symptoms of hearing loss may include:
- The foremost sign people may notice muffling of speech
- Facing difficulty in understanding during background noise or a crowd
- Struggling to hear when more than a person speaks at a time
- Having trouble hearing pitched sounds
- Requesting for repetition or clarification
- Inability to listen to people’s conversation over the phone
What can cause hearing loss
Generally, hearing loss occurs gradually by natural aging. Also, working or living near excessive noise exposure, genetics, viral infections are some of the reasons for it. As various nerves connect the ear and head, diseases such as head trauma may also lead to hearing loss.
When any part o the ear, mainly the inner ear or middle ear, or outer ear gets damaged leads to hearing loss. Hearing loss figured out into three different types, namely
- Conductive Hearing Loss: Conductive hearing loss results when sound impedes through the outer or middle ear into the inner ear. Common reasons for this type include blockage in the ear canal, damage in the ear bones, a hole in your ear, etc.
- Sensorineural Hearing Loss: This hearing loss outcome when the inner ear gets damaged. Sensorineural Hearing Loss frequently notice in about 9 out of 10 people. Aging, noise, infections, tumors, and medications are common causes people may observe. It affects both the clarity and loudness of sound.
- Mixed Hearing Loss: The combination of Conductive and Sensorineural Hearing Loss results in mixed hearing loss. Mixed hearing loss diminishes hearing in one ear or both. It includes infections, earwax, and fluid in the middle ear as common indications.
Treatments and Methods
Based on the hearing loss, treatment will be issued. Typically Sensorineural Hearing Loss is treated with Hearing Aids, and A surgical implant treats conductive hearing loss. In the mixed hearing loss, there is a possibility of trying with hearing aids and proceeding with the cochlear implant if the patient feels no change.
Where To Visit?
When you identify hearing loss symptoms, it is essential to consult the best audiologist. Don’t worry; there are numerous Speech and Hearing Clinics in Hyderabad. Your hearing care professionals will suggest you a suitable treatment. Hearing aids now available as digital hearing aids, programmable hearing aids, Bluetooth Rechargeable Hearing Aids, and many smart possibilities if you get suggested with hearing aids.