Audiology Hearing Aid Center
What does the Hearing aid Centre do? Hearing loss is a common problem among people of all age groups with varied symptoms. It can be congenital or can occur at any point in time later in life. About 48 million people face this problem every year. As the symptoms vary, the treatment also differs with…
What does the Hearing aid Centre do?
Hearing loss is a common problem among people of all age groups with varied symptoms. It can be congenital or can occur at any point in time later in life. About 48 million people face this problem every year. As the symptoms vary, the treatment also differs with the cause.
Common problems faced by hearing loss patients
- Hearing loss can affect personal work and personal life.
- Difficulty in communicating
- The drop in self-esteem
- Self-isolation and depression
Most of the time, hearing loss remains either unnoticed or ignored. Though hearing loss is a common problem, most people prefer bearing it in silence than seeking medical help. Getting proper care at the early stage prevents other health complications.
Facts about hearing loss
- About five from 1000 newborns are affected with hearing loss.
- Regular noise exposure can cause permanent hearing loss
- It increases the risk of cognitive decline.
- People with hearing loss experience vertigo
- Conductive hearing loss
- Sensorineural hearing loss
Conductive Hearing Loss
- The obstructions or malfunction of the outer or middle ear causes conductive hearing loss.
- The damaged hair cells in the inner ear cause Sensorineural hearing loss.
Other hearing problems
- Noises or ringing sounds in the head.
- The ringing sounds in the ear causes dizziness
- Benign tumors in the acoustic nerve
What is audiology?
Audiology is a health science and rehabilitative health care profession. Audiologists identify, diagnose, treat, and monitor auditory and vestibular system portions of the ear for disorders.
Importance of audiology tests.
Audiology tests are critical in understanding the hearing health of a person. Even if the patient does not experience any symptoms, it is essential to visit the ear clinic, as the symptoms often remain unnoticed.
Benefits of an audiology test.
- Better family relationships
- Hearing the little things you miss
- Removing the uncertainty
- Better social relationships
Why and when should you consult an audiologist?
The patients should consult an audiologist service provider near them, when they suspect that they have hearing loss. A few symptoms are common in daily life and may go unnoticed.
The treatment in earlier stages and the realization after the loss make a lot of difference. Getting proper care from the quality heading aid centre for the hearing loss in the early stages relieves the patient of the complications that arise from the delayed diagnosis.